Food for the Prevention and Management of Hypertension
Hypertension or high blood pressure is a prevalent health problem all over the world. Thus, prevention is particularly important because this is a condition that can go unnoticed and untreated for a long time; it is a silent killer with little to no symptoms.
Some risk factors for having high blood pressure include age, family history, gender, and race. These are variables that may be out of your control, but that does not mean that there’s nothing you can do to avoid getting hypertension. A good diet and regular exercise are two of the most important precautionary measures that you can apply to your daily lifestyle.
As such, health experts from our Pharmacy in Spring Hill Florida have listed that following food options that you can include in your diet regimen for lower blood pressure:
- Leafy greens that are rich in potassium, such as romaine lettuce, arugula, kale, turnip greens, collard greens, spinach, beet greens, Swiss chard, and more (fruits like banana are rich in potassium as well)
- Berries that are rich in flavonoids (blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- Red beets that are rich in nitric oxide
- Salmon, mackerel, and fish rich in omega-3s and lean protein
- High-fiber, low-fat, and low-sodium oatmeal
Other food choices that can lower your high blood pressure are dark chocolate, pomegranates, pistachios, seeds, garlic and herbs, and more. You can also make use of various Health Care Supplies in Spring Hill Florida to help prevent or manage hypertension.
At 4 Corners Pharmacy, we offer a wide variety of supplements, products, and Medical Supplies that can aid in the prevention, treatment, and management of various health conditions.